If images on a slide overlap, you can control which image is visible in the overlapping regions.
To bring an image forward so that it appears to be on top of another image:
- Select the image to bring forward. Handles around the object confirm that it is selected.
- Right-click and then select Bring to Front > Bring Forward.
To send an image backward so that it appears to be behind another image:
- Select the image to send backward.
- Right-click and then click Send to Back > Send Backward.
Note: There are additional sub-commands of Bring to Front and Send to Back that let you move an image to the very front or very back when working with multiple images on a slide. These commands are available on the PICTURE TOOLS FORMAT tab in the Arrange group.
- Bring to Front > Bring Forward – Moves an object one level at a time to the foreground.
- Bring to Front > Bring to Front – Moves an object in front of all other objects.
- Send to Back > Send Backward – Moves an object one level at a time to the background.
- Send to Back > Send to Back – Moves an object behind all other objects.
These actions can be repeated more than once depending on how many images and levels you need to arrange.