Take PowerPoint Text from Bland to Interesting
Creativity with Pictures in powerpoint
Let's face it. What would a powerpoint presentation be without some text on the Slides? Hopefully, you restrict the text on the slide to as little as possible. (Tip – Refer to Item #2 on this list of The 10 Most Common Presentation Mistakes.)
Now it is time for some fun with pictures and powerpoint. All you need is some text on the slide, and a great picture.
Refer to the image above to see a Before and After of the same text on the slide. I kept the slide background to a plain white just for this illustration. Likely you will have added a background color or a design theme to dress up your presentation.
Next – Fill Text Using the powerpoint Drawing Tools
Fill Text Using the powerpoint Drawing Tools
Access the powerpoint Drawing Tools
- Select the text on the slide. This will activate the Drawing Tools on the ribbon.
(Note – Choosing a "fat" font is best for this feature so more of your photo will be inside the text).
- Click on the Format button directly under the Drawing Tools button. Note that the ribbon changes and reveals the Text Fill button.
Next – A Variety of Text Fill Choices
powerpoint Text Fill Options
Note the Variety of Text Fill Options
- Click on the Text Fill button to reveal all the different options.
- Select Picture… from the list.
Next – Locate the Picture to Fill the powerpoint Text
Locate the Picture to Fill the powerpoint Text
Navigate to the Folder Containing the Desired Picture
- The Insert Picture dialog box opens.
- Navigate to the folder containing the picture you wish to use.
- Click on the picture file. It will now be inserted into the text on the slide.
Note – If you are not happy with the end result, simply repeat the steps to choose a different picture.
Next – The Resultant Picture in the Text
Example Slide with Picture Inserted into powerpoint Text