Keynote automatically saves a presentation as you work and gives it a default name, such as Untitled 1. You can save a presentation with your own name and choose where to save it—on your desktop, in a folder, and so on. You can also rename a presentation or create a duplicate of it with a different name.
Save and name a new presentation
- Click anywhere in the presentation window to make it active, then choose File > Save (from the File menu at the top of your screen).
- Enter a name in the Save As field, then enter one or more tags (optional).
- To choose where to save the presentation, click the arrow next to the Save As field, then choose a location (for example, a folder or your desktop) in the dialog you see.
To make the presentation appear in Keynote on all of your iOS devices set up with iCloud Drive, save the presentation in the Keynote folder in iCloud Drive. (To see this option, iCloud Drive must be set up on your Mac.)
Tip: To create a new folder for the presentation, choose a location for the folder, then click New Folder at the bottom of the Save As dialog. Enter a name for the folder, then click Create.
- Click Save.
Save a large presentation as a package
By default, Keynote saves your presentation as a single file. If your presentation is over 500 MB or contains large video or image files, Keynote may perform better if you save the presentation as a package.
- Save as a package file: Click anywhere in the presentation window to make it active, then choose File > Advanced > Change File Type > Package (from the File menu at the top of your screen).
- Revert a package file to single-file format: Choose File > Advanced > Change File Type > Single File. You may need to revert because some web or email services don’t allow you to upload or attach a package file.
See the Apple Support article Save documents as a package or a single file for more information.
Rename a presentation
- Click the presentation name at the top of the Keynote window, then type a new name.
Click anywhere outside the dialog to dismiss it.
Duplicate a presentation
- Click anywhere in the presentation window to make it active, then choose File > Duplicate (from the File menu at the top of your screen).
A new presentation opens with its name selected at the top of the Keynote window.
- Type a new name, then press Return.
The copy is saved to the same location as the original.