To open an existing presentation:
In addition to creating new presentations, you’ll often need to Open a presentation that was previously saved. To learn more about saving presentations, visit our lesson on Saving Presentations.
- Select the File tab to go to Backstage view, then click Open.
- Click Browse. Alternatively, you can choose OneDrive to open files stored on your OneDrive.
- The Open dialog box will appear. Locate and select your presentation, then click Open.
Most features in Microsoft Office, including powerpoint, are geared toward saving and sharing documents online. This is done with OneDrive, which is an online storage space for your documents and files. If you want to use OneDrive, make sure you’re signed in to powerpoint with your Microsoft account. Review our lesson on Understanding OneDrive to learn more.
To pin a presentation:
If you frequently work with the same presentation, you can pin it to Backstage view for easy access.
- Select the File tab to go to Backstage view, then click Open. Your Recent Presentations will appear.
- Hover the mouse over the presentation you want to pin, then click the pushpin icon.
- The presentation will stay in the Recent presentations list until it is unpinned. To unpin a presentation, click the pushpin icon again.