Formatting the appearance of a video
Like pictures, powerpoint allows you to format the appearance of a video by applying a video style, adding a border, changing the shape, and applying various effects.
To create a poster frame:
You can add a poster frame to a video, which is the placeholder image your audience will see before the video starts playing. The poster frame is usually just a frame taken from the video itself.
- Click the timeline to locate the desired part of the video.
- From the Format tab, click the Poster Frame command. Select Current Frame from the menu that appears.
- The current frame will become the poster frame.
If you want to use a picture from your computer, select Image from file.
To apply a video style:
- Select the video, then click the Format tab on the Ribbon.
- In the Video Styles group, click the More drop-down arrow to display available video styles.
- Select the desired style.
- The new style will be applied to the video.
To learn more about corrections, color adjustments, borders, shapes and effects, see our Formatting Pictures lesson.