Protecting your presentation
By default, anyone with access to your presentation will be able to open, copy, and edit its content unless you protect it. There are several ways to protect a presentation, depending on your needs.
To protect your document:
- Click the File tab to go to Backstage view.
- From the Info pane, click the Protect Presentation command.
- In the drop-down menu, choose the option that best suits your needs. In our example, we’ll select Mark as Final. Marking your presentation as final is a good way to discourage others from editing the file, while the other options give you even more control if needed.
- A dialog box will appear, prompting you to save. Click OK.
- Another dialog box will appear. Click OK.
- The presentation will be marked as final. Whenever others open the file, a bar will appear at the top to discourage them from editing the document.
Marking a presentation as final will not prevent someone from editing it because they can just select Edit Anyway. If you want to prevent people from editing it, you can use the Restrict Access option instead.