Birthday is a wonderful occasion in which we rejoice bliss of living, family and friends whilst focusing a person actually whose day it is. After blowing candles, singing birthday songs, and distributing cake among guest, it’s time to deliver speech, right? And everyone is expecting a well crafted and nice speech, your single mistake can ruin the atmosphere of party. Thus, you need to be very careful while writing birthday speech.
Here we are discussing few tips on how to prepare birthday speech:
1. Your speech should be cheerful and short. Try to take just three minutes to pay respect and to hold the attention of gathering. Give deep and in-depth emotional expression to your personal experience with celebrant.
2. Your speech should be according to the type of birthday celebration, is it formal or informal. Because these both types have their own specific type of speech, as there are certain things you can’t mention in your speech if it is completely formal and so is the case with informal. Thus, while creating speech it is important to keep this thing is mind.
3. Don’t mention the age of celebrant in your speech unless it’s milestone birthday like, 18th or 21st birthday. As few people celebrate their every year but don’t to disclose their actual age to their guests.
4. Try to keep your speech precise, concise and clear. Don’t ever include any harsh story or incident of celebrant as it may be embarrassing, even if it seems funny to you.
5. Never call celebrant with his/her pet name, again this may appear embarrassing to him/her. Obviously, no one would like that their guests come to know by which name his wife call him. Yes, calling ‘Harry’ from ‘Harrison’ will be okay.
6. Include ‘color commentary’ in your birthday speech which reflect how close you are to celebrant and you are feeling pleasure of sharing all these things and treat listeners as guest of honor.
7. Give sincere congratulation to the celebrant and issue best wishes for his longevity and success. Include some dedicated quotes or short poems also for example:
“Man’s main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is. The most important product of his effort is his own personality.”
So these were few of the important things that you need to keep in mind while preparing for birthday speech. If you need to download free Birthday templates for your presentations or speeches, then you can get this free birthday template for powerpoint 2010.