Mind map is an effective graphic organizer tool which helps in arranging all the scattered ideas and brings them in a concrete form. Mind maps can be created easily by using the graphic feature available in Microsoft PowerPoint.
These facilitate audience to get a brief idea about the topic of presentation thereby making it even more interesting.
Steps to make a Mind Map
- In the powerpoint software, click on menu bar and select a new slide.
- Press the layout option available in home tab of menu bar, select a blank layout and implement it within the new slide.
- Click on view and enable drawing toolbar, or you can directly choose a shape present under insert menu. Users can even create their own shapes as well as customize them.
- In order to customize a given shape, user needs to double click onto the shape that has been created, select shape fill option following which, you can easily add a desired color, picture or even texture into your creation. Similarly, with the help of shape outline option, presenter can insert any color of his/her choice to the shape. Further, special effects can be added to these shapes by selecting shape effect option from menu bar.
- Once the shape has been modified, right click on it, select edit text option that has popped up on your screen after right clicking the image. A cursor will show up in the middle of the shape wherein you can type the name as well as the central idea into it which is to be depicted by Mind Map tool.
- Repeat step no 3, 4 and 5 until all the ideas that are to be depicted by mind map tool have been created.
- After adding all the text, one needs to pick line from shapes option present in insert menu bar and extend it to join various pre-created shapes in a desired order. This procedure can be simplified by opting text option present in insert pane and then click onto the shape following which you can add text to the shapes.
Finally, you end up with a clear and concise mind map presenting main idea in the center and branch all the sub ideas joined together with the help of different lines capable of providing a brief overview containing the main idea of your presentation.
Remember, mind maps are very effective as they help in grabbing audience attention and also provide them with the key idea depicting the purpose of your presentation.
A mind map is a good graphical way to represent ideas and concepts and powerpoint can help to design mind maps quickly. It is a visual thinking tool that helps structuring information, helping you to better analyze, comprehend, synthesize, recall and generate new ideas. If you need to download free mind map powerpoint templates and other creative ideas PPT templates consider browsing our gallery of templates and powerpoint ppt themes.