Slide Masters for Global Changes
Using the slide master allows you to ~
- change font colors and styles for every slide
- add a clipart or picture to every slide
- add a footer or date to every slide
Access the Slide Master
- Click on the View tab of the ribbon.
- Click on the Slide Master button.
See Also ~ About powerpoint Slide Masters
Slide Master Layouts in powerpoint 2007
Slide Master Layouts
The slide master opens on screen. To the left, in the Slides/Outline pane, you will see thumbnail images of the slide master (top thumbnail image) and all the different slide layouts that are contained within the slide master.
Editing the powerpoint Slide Master
Slide Master Notes
- When the slide master is open, a new tab is visible on the ribbon – the Slide Master tab. You may make one or many changes to the slide master using the options on the ribbon.
- Making changes to the slide master has a global effect on all your new Slides. However, not all changes will take effect on Slides created before editing the slide master.
- Any font style/color changes that you have made to the slide master can be manually overwritten on any individual slide.
- Font styles or color changes that you made to individual Slides prior to editing the slide master will be retained on those individual Slides. Therefore, it is a best practice to make any font changes to the slide master before creating any Slides in your presentation, if you want all Slides to have a uniform look.
Edit the Fonts on the Slide Master
- Select the text in the placeholder on the slide master.
- Right click on the selected text.
- Make changes using either the formatting toolbar or the shortcut menu that appears. You can make one or many changes at the same time.
Font Changes on Different Slide Layouts in the Slide Master
Fonts and Slide Layout Changes
Font changes to the slide master will affect most text placeholders on your Slides. However, due to the variety of layout options available, not all placeholders are affected by changes made to the slide master. Additional changes may need to be made to the different slide layouts — the smaller thumbnail images located below the slide master image.
In the example shown above, a font color change was necessary for the subtitle placeholder on the Title slide layout, to match the other font changes made on the slide master.
Make Changes to the Different Slide Layouts
- Click on the thumbnail image of the slide layout that you wish to make additional font changes to.
- Make font changes, such as color and style, to the specific placeholder.
- Repeat this process for other slide layouts that were not affected by the changes on the slide master.
Close the powerpoint Slide Master
Editing of the powerpoint Slide Master is Complete
Once you have made all your changes to the slide master, click on the Close Master View button on the Slide Master tab of the ribbon.
Each new slide that you add to your presentation will take on these changes you made — saving you from making each change to every individual slide.
Next – Add Photos to the Slide Master in powerpoint 2007
Back to ~ Six Tips to Create a Company Default powerpoint Presentation